How to Brew the Perfect Cup of Tea - The Short Version. (The Longer, More Detailed Version is below.)
- Add cold water to the kettle and put it on to boil.
- Warm the teapot or cup by filling it with warm tap water.
- Fill the tea ball or infuser loosely, allowing 1/2 to 1 teaspoon per cup. (If you like a stronger cup, go for 1 tsp. or more. Do not add to brewing time. That will make the tea bitter.)
- Empty the pot of warming water and add tea ball.
- Pour boiling water into teapot. Allow to steep.
- Black tea 3-5 minutes
- Green tea (almost, but not quite boiling water) 3 minutes
- Fruit infusions 5-10 minutes
- Enjoy! (If you prefer pictures to walk you through it, keep scrolling. I'm a visual learner, so I understand.)